Thinking of starting a new business or want advice and support for your existing business? Join us on 6th March at Leeds Central Library. Spring into action is a free, one day event designed to help small business owners and managers, and those about to start a new business, move their ideas and/or businesses forward.
The day will include presentations, workshops and a host of business support providers enabling you to get the support you need in one place.
Europe Direct Leeds is supporting ‘Spring into Action’ as part of its work programme, in accordance with the European Commission’s priority ‘RESTORING GROWTH FOR JOBS: ACCELERATING TOWARDS 2020’
- 8.30-8.55am : Registration and networking breakfast
- 9.00-9.30am : Presentation: Entrepreneur Pete Mills of Calls9: The journey from trainee solicitor to running his own digital agency. Pete’s talk will include the highs and lows, what lessons he and partner Adam Roney have learnt since starting, how they built up their customer base, and things they wish someone had told them BEFORE they started!
- 9.55-10.30am : Presentation: Business networking, nightmare or necessity? With Tina Boden, Enterprise Rockers
- 10.45-11.45am: Workshop A: Introduction to accountancy & bookkeeping. With Jane Tindall, WGN (max 25) OR Workshop B: How to make your marketing work. With Deborah Goodall, Aer8 Marketing(max 25)
- 12.00-1.00pm : repeat of Workshops A and B above (max 25 at each)
- 1.00-2.00pm : Break and chance to visit exhibitors with information on sourcing finance, patenting, finding premises, growing your business and more.
If you need help with patenting and copyrights Ged Doonan of the Business & Patents Information Servicewill present a short talk on protecting your ideas during this lunch break.
- 2.00-3.00pm : Being your own boss. With Michelle Allard, HM Customs & Revenue
There are a number of breaks built into the day enabling you to network with other delegates and visit the exhibitors. Book your place now here. http://springintoaction2013.eventbrite.co.uk/