EU Citizens’ rights and Brexit: new publication
The pdf is available on the EU Bookshop here https://publications.europa.eu/s/c1OP
- This publication will be updated with the latest information about the status of EU citizens’ rights in the UK as the Brexit negotiations progress.
- The EU’s position on EU citizens’ rights can be read here. https://ec.europa.eu/commission/publications/position-paper-essential-principles-citizens-rights_en
- UK Government’s position on EU citizens’ rights: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/safeguarding-the-position-of-eu-citizens-in-the-uk-and-uk-nationals-in-the-eu
- Please check the official information on the status of EU nationals in the UK: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/uk-leaving-the-eu-what-you-need-to-know#eu-nationals-living-in-the-uk
- Many EU embassies and consulates in the UK provide information about their citizens’ rights. Have a look at the website of your country’s consulate in London. Your consuls can help you answer many questions but they are not immigration experts. Immigration advisers can help you through the various steps of obtaining permission to stay in the UK, including helping you to fill in the right forms. You can find immigration advisors on the UK Government`s official website.
- If you have any questions regarding these FAQs, please let us know at COMM-REP-LON-NETWORKS@ec.europa.eu