This year’s Europe Direct Information Centres Annual General Meeting was held in Valetta, Malta.
The meeting’s purpose was to:
- Ensure that Europe’s political priorities are integrated into our work programme 2012
- Reflect together on our common purpose, added value and how to improve our ways of working
- Discuss ways of mobilising young people top take active part in the European project
- Take stock of our experience in order to better prepare the next Europe Direct generation
- Strengthen our relationships with key EU stakeholders for better co-operation
I would say it’s the best AGM I have attended – it gave us a brilliant opportunity to set our own agenda and discuss what are the key issues for those of us who work in EDICs.
The networking opportunities were fantastic and the organisers did us proud with the lovely hotel and its great views and facilities. Our meal at the historical Mediterranean Conference Centre – formerly the Sacra Infermeria built in 1574, and one of Europe’s most renowned hospitals during the Renaissance – was a real treat.
There was a chance to learn a lot about various DGs and other services, as well as inspirational discussions and debate.
Leeds was also honoured to be mentioned for its Twitter by Leendert de Voogd, Global Head of TNS Political and Social, a real boost for us and our efforts in this area
I left feeling upbeat and positive about continuing our work as an EDIC.