“The Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe has adopted the organisation’s programme and budget for 2011.
The programme and budget for 2011 reflects the need to control expenditure, reduce operating costs and redeploy resources to priority sectors including:
- · EU accession to the European Convention on Human Rights and the follow-up to the Interlaken Conference on the future of the European Court of Human Rights,
· Reinforcement of the Office of the Commissioner for Human Rights,
· Review of Council of Europe conventions,
· Consolidation and better co-ordination of existing monitoring mechanisms,
· Targeted co-operation and work in the field.”
Read the complete press release here.